Cyber Security - Irish Chapter Spring Seminar, presented by Carter Fly & Richard Hughes
Time & Location
About The Event
Hosted by: Net Defender.
Address: Net Defender Office Suite, Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylors Lane, Dublin 8
Time:10.00 to 13.00hrs
Topic: Cyber Security.
Presentations by: Net Defender - Carter Fly & Richard Hughes MSc. EnCE. CCLO.
NetDefender will be presenting on a topic that anyone who works with technology should be aware of; the unknown technology threats that we may be bringing into the home. This presentation will discuss how threats may infiltrate home networks and devices, the security of IoT devices, and how to protect against these threats with simple measures.
Profile of Carter Fly: 10 year USMC veteran who has been living in Ireland for over 18 years. As a Marine, his jobs consisted as being an infantryman, serving in the Pacific with Marine Security Forces Guam, and working in intelligence. After the Marine Corps, Carter did a number of years in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, served in the Attorney General for the State of Texas’ office in the Internal Investigations and Security section, and became the assistant to the CTO of a start up communications firm before moving to Ireland. He has spent nearly the last decade consulting for security and special projects for the Houses of the Oireachtas and Aras an Uachtarain before joining NetDefender as the COO.
Profile of Richard Hughes MSc. EnCE. CCLO.
- 15 Years law enforcement experience including 2 years in the Child Abuse & Rape Enquiry Unit – Detective and 4 years in the Criminal Investigation Department – Detective.
- 7 Years as law enforcement Digital Forensic Examiner.
- Masters of Science (1st class Honours) from University College Dublin in Forensic Computing and Cyber Crime Investigation.
- Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (EnCE)
- Certified Forensic Mobile Phone Examiner (CCLO)
- Completion of the Mobile Phone Core Skills course at the National Policing Improvement Agency / College of Policing at Ryton, UK.
- Completion of both intermediate and advanced level computer forensics accredited training courses with Guidance Software.
- Completion of the Host Intrusion Methodology and Investigation accredited course with Guidance Software.
- Assistant Lecturer at Sligo Institute of Technology (School of Science) BSc (Hons) in Forensic Investigation and Analysis.
Richard Hughes will present on the following:
- What is digital forensics?
- How and when digital forensic analysis can be used in the corporate world.
- Network forensics and in particular monitoring of network traffic on a corporate network.
- Steps corporations both large and small can take to protect themselves from inside threats.
- Net Defender will present on and showcase some of the latest Hi-tech encrypted hardware.
- 10.00 - 10.25: Meet ’n’ Greet
- 10.25 : Welcome intro: Carter Fly Net Defender
- 10.30 - 11.05 Net Defender - Network Cyber Technology/ Security
- 11.10 - 11.50 Richard Hughes MSc. EnCE. CCLO. Forensic Analysis in the Corporate World.
- 11.50 - 12.20: Break/ Network
- 12.20 -12.50: Net Defender - New Encrypted Technology
- 12.50 - 13.00: Chairmans closing address.
Parking on the day :
Only on street parking available, luas runs close too Enterprise Centre and local bus routes also.