The core objective of this role is to secure GSLS people, property and client assets.
Job description: Security, Risk & Compliance Director
Reporting to: Managing Director
Working Hours: 40 hours per week, flexibility 7x24.
Updated: 20 March 2019
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
• Implement a recognised risk management framework. Conduct risk assessments related to
all aspects of the business and put risk management plans in place
• To develop and apply security policies and best practices for GSLS. Ensure Implementation of company security policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with all legislative, insurance
and best practice standards.
• Continuous audit and evaluation of electronic and physical security and procedures for GSLS sites (Limerick & Dublin), vehicles, equipment, staff, operations and customer sites. Maintain and prepare all security records and reports for auditing. Co-ordinate PSA audits.
• Design, co-ordinate and deliver security training programmes for all staff. Includes induction, tiger kidnap and refresh training. Provide ongoing guidance and direction to staff and management regarding security.
• Co-ordinate the Crisis Management team including procedures, training, briefings, meetings
• Develop and maintain business continuity plans covering all aspects of the business. Test
and update at least every 6 months. Undertake business impact analysis.
• Manage a team of controllers operating 24 x 7
• Manage costs (labor and 3rd party) within budget
• Supervise and oversee security maintenance contracts and works
• Conduct, manage and prepare summary investigations and investigation reports as required
• Ensure all visitors are security cleared for visiting
Skills Knowledge & Experience Required
• Must have expert knowledge of Corporate Security standards, accreditations standards,
licensing and legislative requirements.
• Experience with ISO 3100 Risk Management and ISO 22301 Business Continuity
Management or other best practice standards in these areas an advantage
• Must demonstrate technical expertise and competency within security
• Ability to make compelling presentations to staff
• Must have excellent PC, organisational and interpersonal skills
• Honesty, discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality are absolute prerequisite for
• Possess a highly flexibility with a demonstrated willingness to take on a responsible
approach to any issues arising
• Present a practical and logical approach to problem solving
• Be a team player with the ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships
• Hold a full & current drivers licence
• Meet with and satisfy PSA licensing qualification requirements
• Strong Written and oral communication skills.
For further details or to arrange a meeting, please contact Sheenagh McCullagh on 0862224188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work to be performed within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and other duties / responsibilities may be assigned as business needs require with agreement of individual.